Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Be careful what you ask for, because He might just give it to you…

Today I am in the D.C., reading Michael Yaconelli’s Dangerous Wonder and I just can’t stop smiling, knowing that my love of laughter comes directly from Christ (see exhibit A for proof of God’s sense of humor).


Exhibit A: The Duck-billed Platypus
















So, with that on my mind, I head back to my dark and quiet room for a few more minutes of peace before I start my day and I decide to make a new playlist of worship music. So, I turn on the “genius” feature of iTunes (the “genius” feature takes a song of your choice from your music library and makes a playlist that matches that song), and I wait for iTunes to work its magic based on Chris Tomlin’s “Unfailing Love.”

This is what I see when all is said and done:

1. “Unfailing Love” – Chris Tomlin
2. “Fergilicious” – Fergie




The rest of the playlist does not even matter. I do regret that I laughed so hard that I woke my roommate up (sorry, Kerri), but in all seriousness (pun intended), I prayed for God to reveal Himself to me today, and He most certainly has…

“God does play with our souls. He hides and He seeks and His laughter heals our hearts” (84).

[please to insert smiling face here]

7 comments:

kerri said...

i am only upset that you did not tell me WHY i was awake. :o[
srsly. i would have thorougly i enjoyed knowing that fergie info instead of getting my extra eight minutes of sleep.

btw, your lip gloss is soo not glossy.

kerri said...

*typo.

this is just me acknowledging that i have noticed said typo in the above comment left by yours truly.

kerri said...

*there were actually two typos... but thanks to my current sleepy state, you now have three comments. you're welcome.

Chelsea said...

:) I'm so glad I told you to update your iTunes...

Britt said...

sooo cute!!!

James said...

way to dominate the comments, dude.

and I wanna know how that song was even on your computer in the first place.

Erin said...

hahaha! That made me laugh out loud. So much so that I had to read the post to my roommate, who greatly appreciated it also.
:-)
See, that one moment of laughter spread to us, too!
You're the best.
Love you!