Sunday, December 14, 2008

carrie's most relevant playlist: round 3

1. david webb - "rich young ruler"
poverty is so hard to see when it's only on your tv or twenty miles across town . . . He says, "more than just your cash and coin, I want your time, I want your voice. I want the things you just can't give Me" . . .


2. a fine frenzy - "come one, come out"
come on, come out. the weather is warm. come on, come on. watching the sky, you're watching the painting coming to life, shifting and shaping. staying inside, it all goes by


3. gayla peevey - "hippopotamus"
mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian...i only like hippopotamuseses, and hippopotamuses like me too!


4. coldplay - "green eyes"
the green eyes. yeah, the spotlight shines on you. and how could anybody deny you? i came here with a load and it feels so much lighter now i met you.


5. hillsong - "Hosanna"
heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen. show me how to love like You have loved me. break my heart for what breaks Yours, everything i am for Your kingdom's cause, as i walk from earth into eternity


6. ag silver - "falling still"
if God could hear, what would you really have to say, but "thank You, thank You, thank You. You've really outdone Yourself, i want nothing else?"


7. "come thou fount"
o, to grace how great a debtor daily i'm constrained to be. let Thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee. prone to wander, Lord, i feel it. prone to leave the God i love; here's my heart, O take and and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above


8. the weather girls - "it's raining men"**[see footnote for explanation]
it's raining men, hallelujah! it's raining men, every specimen! tall, blonde, dark, and lean. rough and tough and strong and mean! God bless mother nature--she's a single woman too--she took off to heaven and she did what she had to do


9. brooke fraser - "love is waiting"
it's my caution, not the cold. there's no other hand that i would rather hold. the climate changes, i'm singing for strangers about you.


10. bing crosby - "count your blessings"
when i'm worried and i can't sleep, i count my blessings instead of sheep. and i fall asleep counting my blessings



**this song is not relevant because it ahs literaly rained men. indeed, no. i would not be saying "hallelujah, amen," if men start falling from the sky. most assuredly not. it is simply an entertaining song that continuously is stuck in my head, and i didn't want to suffer alone...maybe it'll get stuck in yours now too :oD

1 comment:

kerri said...

i hate you for #8.